![]() |
| Bows make everything better, right? |
The morning of her eye appointment she was clingy mostly because they had to dilate her eyes and do an examination. She'd had a cough for a couple days that didn't seem to bother her and she woke up with a runny nose. It seemed like allergies or the start of a mild cold to me.
By Tuesday afternoon the fever started. She was lethargic and puny looking and needed lots of cuddles and hugs. After three days of fever, I took Carla to the doctor on Thursday. He said she has RSV ("Respiratory syncytial virus" which is basically a cold with a bad cough) and a double ear infection. The moment we got home it was like the ear infection pain started to go full blown! Poor baby girl would have these periods of being totally inconsolable throughout the day and at night. At least thirty minutes of crying and screaming. She wanted me to pick up her and as soon as I picked her up she wanted me to put her down. She wanted to go outside and as soon as we went outside she wanted to be inside. She wanted milk. No, juice. No, neither! Nothing would make her happy.
FINALLY, after two days of waiting for the antibiotics to kick in and countless episodes of Blue's Clues, she got relief this morning! Just in time because I was at my wit's end. I feel terrible because I know I wasn't the one in pain but I felt totally helpless and there was literally nothing I could do to make it better sometimes. I'm just happy we are on a road to recovery now!

Love the hair ribbons! Glad she is feeling better and mom and dad can catch up!
ReplyDeleteOh baby I am so sorry she was sick!
ReplyDeleteOh my! Cutest hair ever! I hear your pain! I've been there with the screaming bouts of pain. No fun and I felt the same way!
ReplyDeleteCarla Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double ear infection is bad enough and put RSV on top of that?!?!?! Poor baby. Glad she is feeling better and man I bet that was hard for you!
ReplyDelete